Visit.org is looking for a charismatic, ambitious Virtual Event Host U.S. to join our team remotely. The Virtual Event Host will facilitate interactive social impact experiences for our corporate partners in the U.S. over Zoom. This is an opportunity for an individual with stage experience who finds comfort in front of a crowd and wants to contribute their skills to making a positive impact in local communities around the world. We’re a startup, so the right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, extreme passion for our mission, and of course, the desire to roll up your sleeves and make the impossible happen.
This is a remote, part-time, contract position with the potential to develop into a larger role.
Do Work that Makes the World a Better Place
Visit.org is a proud B Corp with social impact in its DNA. As a mission-driven business, we’re motivated by the opportunity to help corporations and their employees around the world do more good in their communities. Each member of our team is passionate about making the world a better place and believes in the power of small actions to generate meaningful, lasting change. We’re looking for new team members to help us continue to innovate game-changing technology and help our corporate partners nurture a company culture of purpose, impact, and inclusion. If you want to feel good about going to work every day, Visit.org is the place to be.
When You Join the Team
- You’ll join a movement from the ground floor that’s helping the world’s leading brands generate social change and engage their employees with local causes they care about.
- You’ll combine passion, purpose, and a paycheck—Visit.org team members get out of bed every day knowing their work is meaningful and has a tangible impact on individuals and communities around the world.
- You’ll join a high-performing rockstar team that will help you hone your skills while being your best, most authentic self.
- You’ll find passionate, purpose-driven people with a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride that we’re building this thing together.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Be the host for a variety of fun, engaging, high-quality virtual volunteering, team building, and wellness activities for Visit.org’s corporate partners over Zoom
- Welcome, engage and inspire participants while supporting nonprofits in facilitating online events
- Coordinate all admin tasks as Zoom Host during the event to ensure a smooth experience for participants: ie. overseeing the waiting room, putting teams in breakout rooms for varying times, sending links in the chat, taking screenshots, generally being a great side-kick to the nonprofit representative leading the event
- Background in acting, comedy, improv, or similar profession that requires engaging and interacting with an audience
- Experience with group facilitation and managing group dynamics
- Fluent in English
- Based in the U.S.
- High energy and a positive attitude
- Quick thinker—sometimes during events, things go wrong; you can problem-solve on the fly
- Extremely comfortable with and enjoys public speaking
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills
- Reliable high-speed internet and a computer with a webcam are required
- Flexible availability
What we offer:
This is a flexible, part-time contract position.