Visit.org is looking for an intelligent, ambitious Engineering Manager to join our team remotely. This is an opportunity for an experienced web development professional with an eye for detail and excellent communication skills. The right candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, extreme passion for our mission, and the energy and discipline to come in and be a builder in a start-up tech environment.
Visit.org is a fast-paced, early-stage start-up company, a certified B-Corp and Benefit Corporation, and in the business of building a global infrastructure for the world’s Purpose Economy. Our SaaS technology is at the core of our mission to help enterprise companies engage their teams in social impact.
What Motivates Us
There is room for everyone! We empower each other to innovate and create processes that use technology to generate meaningful, lasting change. We enjoy the challenge of finding solutions to problems that are not a way around it but through it. We’re driven by the opportunity to help enterprises and their employees around the world to contribute to their communities.
When You Join the Team
- You’ll join a movement from the ground floor and a team of purpose-driven people with a strong sense of responsibility, ownership, and pride that we’re building this thing together.
- You’ll combine passion, purpose, and a paycheck—Visit.org team members get out of bed every day knowing their work is meaningful and has a tangible impact on individuals and communities around the world.
Enterprises are struggling to adapt to the increasing demand from their employees to work in socially accountable workplaces while adjusting to the business transformation of hybrid workflows. Visit.org is an enterprise SaaS company delivering purpose for a more engaged workforce. With its proprietary content across 90+ countries, Visit.org is providing the infrastructure and content for purpose-driven employee and client engagement. Some of our customers include Colgate, ADP, IBM, Adobe, Twilio, Twitch, Nielsen, Fidelity, and others.
- You develop and own it all! From design to production, including products and features
- Manage a team of engineers and lead all development for the company
- Master agile methodologies and continuously improve those within your team
- Lead designs & decision-making processes of the team
- Maintain multiple consistent environments (development, QA, and production)
- Work with developers, automation engineers, and the company’s customer-facing teams to architect solutions that increase efficiency
- Design, develop, test, and deploy high traffic features, with an emphasis on scalability and performance
- Build packages, modules, and reusable components that will be used across our codebase
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them
- Determine feasibility by performing risk management and evaluating tradeoffs
- Build new features and directly impact the future of our product end to end (frontend, backend, tests, monitoring, etc.) and cross platforms (services, web, mobile, extensions)
- Write high-quality, functional code – backend and frontend
- At least 2+ years of experience as a software engineer team leader (or similar) with proven management experience
- At least 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with web APIs
- Experience in popular server technology (Ruby on Rails, Heroku, AWS)
- Experience with databases
- Experience in architecture and design of large-scale scalable and high-performance web production systems
- Comfortable taking challenges and learning new technologies
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide constant dialog between teams
- Self-learner, strong can-do attitude, and great interpersonal skills
What we offer:
This is a 100% remote, full-time position.
How we care:
- Health, Dental, Vision
- PTO + Holiday + Birthday off!
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Mission aligned company events/volunteering
- Work from home stipend
- Inclusive, exciting start-up culture
- Accelerated Career & Personal Growth
- Culture Club and more!
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying